Calf augmentation techniques were originally developed to restore leg contour for individuals with certain medical conditions such as polio and club-foot who tended to have contracted calf muscles. As the science for calf augmentation has improved, the demand for more balanced and shapely legs has expanded beyond those suffering from medical conditions to include those who feel self-conscious about the size and shape of their calves due to genetics or fluctuations in weight.
Calf augmentation techniques include surgical implants as well as fat grafting to the calf. Both procedures can produce a comfortable, natural looking, and visually pleasing result. Implants are made of FDA approved silicone and come in various shapes and sizes to suit the body type of the patient. Fat grafting to the calves is just that; fat is harvested from the patient’s body, processed and purified, and then strategically re-injected into the calves.
Calf augmentation can be combined with liposuction of the knees or ankles to improve the overall appearance of the legs. In some cases, fat injections into the ankle can help fill out thinning ankles.
Dr. Rogers will work closely with you to help you choose the best procedure for your circumstance and anatomy.
* Consultation with Dr. Leif Rogers
* Create a customizex surgical plan with Dr. Leif Rogers
* Take pre-op photos
* Meet with our Practice Manager Robin Chamberlain
* Schedule surgery with our Surgical Coordinator Darren Schroader
* Obtain surgical clearance from your family doctor
* Return to the office for a pre-op before Surgery
* Have surgery
* Return to the office within one week of surgery for your post op visit